Wednesday, December 4, 2013

See no bullshit, hear no bullshit.

So, world. I know I have been away for a while. I know, I know...you miss me so much. Well, I miss you, too! But I have been absolutely incapacitated for the past while and I'm a bit more free right now, so I decided to regale you all with a short story that happened to me.
I was at college, my mouth wired shut with wires snaking about my teeth that make it impossible to open my mouth (I mean, literally). Anyway, as you can imagine, talking to me would be a challenge; especially for someone who could not see. So anyway, I was walking to my class and was stopped by a blind man giving some sort of survey. He bumped into me with his seeing cane (I am not quite sure if that is the proper way to call it) and he started to ask me questions about how I feel about everything. He did not even ask me if he I would allow him. He simply started asking his memorized list of questions while holding on to my shoulder. I was in a hurry. I had to go to class. I could not be bothered with this. With my mouth wired shut, I started moving my hands around and trying to gently nudge him away from me, but he was not responding. I said "MMMM! MMMMMMMM! MMMMMMMMMMM!" But that was not working, as you can imagine. So eventually, someone came up to him and said "His mouth is wired shut, what are you? Blind?"
Feeling embarrassed, he simply said "Oh, my. I'm sorry about that." And he walked away. I came up to the other man who informed him of my impediment and showed him a piece of paper that read "He really was blind. He had a seeing cane."
He looked at me, just as embarrassed as the blind gentleman must have felt, and just walked away. See no bullshit, hear no bullshit."

No comments:

Post a Comment